A Wondrous Miracle

By | 2013-08-24T21:00:59+00:00 March 29th, 2009|

By Mawlana Mushtaq Ahmad Anbethwi

Translated by Muhammad Habib

The well-known scholar and saint, Mawlana Mushtaq Ahmad Anbethwi relates:

“I once presented myself at the Prophet’s grave (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) after visiting the House of Allah (the Haram in Makkah). During my stay in Madinah I heard from the mashayikh of the time that a wondrous miracle had recently occurred at the blessed grave of the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace). When a young Indian man presented himself at the Prophet’s grave (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) and recited salat and salam, he was given a response with the loving words, ‘And upon you be peace, my son’. On hearing this, I felt something special in my heart. I was even more pleased that this good fortune had befallen a young Indian man. Feeling overwhelmed, I began searching for him, so that I may see this beloved of the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) and confirm the story for myself. After investigating, I came to know that this young man was the dear son of Sayyid Habib Allah Muhajir Madani. I went to his home and met him. When we were alone, I disclosed my quest to him. At first he remained silent. However, after I insisted he said, ‘Indeed, what you have heard is correct.’ This young man was Mawlana Husayn Ahmad Madani (may Allah shower His mercy upon him).”

(Al-Jam’iyyat, Shaykh al-Islam Edition, p.49)

Akabir-i-Deoband Awr ‘Ishq-i-Rasul (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) (Karachi: Maktabah Arsalan, May 2003) p.220-221

7 Comments

1. Zayn al-'Abidin March 29, 2009 at 7:45 am

SubhanAllah.

2. Tabisch Farooqi March 30, 2009 at 12:45 am

Really amazing!
    Subhan’Allah!

3. SunniWaqas April 6, 2009 at 2:07 pm

SubhanAllah! I am in total awe of these great Akabireen of Deoband…nawwar Allahu marqadahum!

4. a_muslim94 September 27, 2009 at 6:22 am

Allahu Akbar!! Amazing. Just yesterday I happened to buy a biograpghy of Mawlana Husayn Ahmad Madni, and just read it now! Then I came here and the first thing I went on I find this!!! Subhanallah.

5. Ayesha July 25, 2010 at 9:27 am

Subhan Allah.
    Such a great personality who have blessed with the response of salat o salam from Our beloved Nabi Hazrat Muhammad (May Allah shower his blessings peace & love at him).Mashallah

6. Muhammad October 12, 2010 at 2:28 am

Alas! none of my fellow Muslims tried to confirm this before writing exclamatory remarks. You can hear several such stories about Ulema of Brelvi school of thought, Shia, etc.

7. Abu_Tamim November 16, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Dear Brother Muhammad, What do you mean by confirming this? As you can see Mawlana Ambethwi confirmed it from Shaykh al Islam himself. These are people whose testimony we trust. Regarding the Mubtadi’in we can say nothing because we don’t know them and because they are mistaken in aqida. While we admit to the possibility of this happening we don’t confirm or refute what the Ahl al Bida’ say. We just keep quiet about this matter. WS.

Comments are closed.